Every girl dreams of the perfect proposal whether they want to admit it or not. Before highlighting the most common reasons men choose not propose to a significant other, we should enlighten some factors of human nature. There are several factors that come into play during the life of a man’s timeline. It is often expected that at some point in life, most men will end up happily married with a wife and children. Society plays a huge role in the way our minds are shaped and why we should work to accomplish certain goals, whether a man is or is not currently in a relationship, marriage may not always be part of his future plans simply because of the following:
1. Ego/Pride: Self-centeredness plays an important role in the human psyche, one tends to put themselves first (as anyone should at some point in their life), they set out to earn more respect because of egotistical tendencies, which don’t result in the most chivalrous gestures. It’s in the nature of a human being to be selfish, to want to put his joys and pleasures before others. Every individual thinks differently about the opposite sex as some feel motivated in their company and some feel cynical.
2. Bad Past Relationships: Due to some past experiences, men can have a set presumption about the entire female gender that spirals into certain negativities down the line. This can result in a pessimistic perception on marriage. People always say the first cut is the deepest; this seems to be true for men, as they tend to build up walls and keep their guards up forever.
3. Playboy: We all know that guy who won’t ever be ready to settle down. Living by the notion that monogamy does not exist and all women should be loved equally. A man can never be convinced into marriage unless he is genuinely ready. The more a female expresses interest in a lifelong partnership with a man, the more he will show distance if this is not part of his plan.
4. Fear of Rejection: It takes a lot for a man to plan the perfect proposal. A lot weighs in on how a female may view marriage and what are important factors in her life. If a man feels even an ounce of doubt that she may not be ready for a future together, he may hold off on moving forward with you for fear of being rejected. By doing this, he will preserve his confidence level and wait it out until he feels more assured.
5. Wrong Timing: Is our relationship on the right track? Are we where we want to be in our careers? A man will never want to propose if he is not able to provide for his woman, both financially and emotionally. If he is still finishing his studies or is saving for a specific goal, marriage will not become a top priority in his life at this time.
6. Family: Does his family get along with you? If he is a big momma’s boy, you may be in trouble if certain cards aren’t played right. It’s important for his mom and potential wife to get along even at a minimum otherwise this will cause many awkward scenarios down the line (which he will want to avoid).
7. Religion: He may ask himself “Does the society in which I live in accept her and vice versa? Should I care if they don’t?” Marriage is a touchy topic when two don’t agree on the same beliefs; compromise is key in this instance. If a man sees that this will become problematic in the long run, he step backwards will make most sense to him.
The future is never certain, we must not be afraid to live life to the fullest. If you are waiting on a man to see the potential in you, you’ll find yourself waiting endlessly for him to propose. Focus on your own goals and let things happen naturally. You’d be surprised how things will end up falling into place if you let nature run its course.